Thursday, May 30, 2013

Movie Share (1)


Artificial Intelligence

A highly advanced robotic boy longs to become "real" so that he can regain the love of his human mother. 

DIRECTOR: Steven Spielberg
WRITERS: Brian Aldiss, Ian Watson, Steven Spielberg
STARRING: Haley Joel Osment, Jude Law, Frances O'Connor



I received this movie as gift and I was a little unsure whether I wanted to watch. But since it was a gift I gave it a try and popped it into my player. The movie was so heart-wrenching yet there was always a sense of wrongness. David isn't 'real' but the whole time I was screaming "He doesn't understand! He's just a little boy!" David was so saddening yet sick in the head (or harddrive in his case), so while watching you're always caught between pity and horror. By the time the movie ended I really wasn't sure if I had enjoyed or despised the 2 and a half hours. 7/10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment